Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Love is in the Air!

  • Everywhere we look there are reminders that in just two short weeks that
    special day to express our love will be here-Valentine's Day! While a bit
    commercialized, it’s a sweet and fun holiday to celebrate those closest to us.
    And while we should let those we love know it all the time, sometimes we
    don't, so it’s a great excuse to do something special.
    Aside from flowers and candy, jewelry is often on the agenda. If you are
    looking for a special gift I found a recent collection from Ana Gutierrez at the
    Grand Bazaar Shops quite the treat! The line is gorgeous and Ana is a
    designer with heart, giving back and keeping the environment clean are at
    the forefront of her business decisions.
    If the evening calls for dinner, then aside from our favorite dress, makeup
    must be perfect too! Before actually applying any cosmetics though,
    preparation is the first step! Starting with a clean face is so important. As we
    age, our skin can become problematic, so washing without drying it out can
    be tricky. In search of a solution, I recently discovered a face cleanser call
    Better Cleansing Oil by Dermasensa, a local Henderson company. It leaves
    your skin moist, but not oily and it rinses clean. They have a great line of
    products and much to my happiness many of them are aimed at the over 50
    set!
    Once you have a clean canvas to work with, here are a couple of my favorite
    makeup tricks for the lips and eyes!
    As the creator of Fullips, a temporary lip enhancer, lips is obviously one of
    my specialties! Plumping my pout is the first thing I do before applying my
    makeup. As we age that lip line can seem to disappear so using our lipstick
    and liner can be harder to apply!
    After I plump my lips, but before starting other makeup, I use an eye cream
    prior to concealer under my eyes. A fun tip I learned at a product
    demonstration, if you have bags under your eyes, apply your eye cream with
    a slight smile. Dab in a gentle tapping motion, smoothing the skin to the
    outside towards your temple. This helps the skin be a little smoother to prep
    for the concealer. Top with your concealer in the same way, gently tapping in
    an outward direction.
    The last thing I do in my routine is my lip color. Having used my Fullips
    enhancer and now with them nice and plumped up, I first use a lip colored
    liner. Liner can keep your lipstick from bleeding and when lined just outside
    the lip line can add extra fullness too! If you use a waterproof liner, your lips
    will still have shape as the liner will last even if your lipstick doesn’t. If you
    blend the liner partially onto your lips, and then apply your favorite lipstick
  • over it, again, even as the lipstick wears off, you will still have color. Our lip
    color also tends to fade as we get older, so anything to keep our lips looking
    young, full and sexy helps! The key is to blend, not fully color in your lips.
    I hope everyone has a warm and loving Valentine's Day, but you don't have
    to wait until then to let someone know you love them! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment